Thermo King®, a leader in transport temperature control solutions and a brand of Trane Technologies is coming to the Solutrans 2021 show in Lyon, France to premiere technology developments and strategies that lead to sustainable and zero-emission refrigerated transport industry. From 16th to 20th of November, at the Thermo King booth 5 C 010, visitors will find the latest advancements in transport refrigeration powered by clean technology and data.
“After two extraordinary and challenging years, we are thrilled to be back at Solutrans. Transport refrigeration is changing, and at the exhibition we will present innovation that shows no less but, our vision for the future of the industry,” said Francesco Incalza, president of Thermo King in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). “Building on our leadership and expertise, we have furthered our advancements and will showcase a portfolio of new technologies that no doubt will accelerate the pace of change and innovation in refrigerated transport.”
“By prioritising, investing, and developing sustainable technology, we bring measurable benefits to our customers. While doing so, we strive to improve the quality of life and make our planet a better place. We’re excited to demonstrate this vision at Solutrans, and the solutions that Thermo King is bringing to the market to make it a reality.”
Encompassed with the Thermotech theme, Thermo King’s booth 5 C 010 will spotlight the broad offering of sustainable transport refrigeration technologies, including the all-electric portfolio, branded evolve™. The evolve™ portfolio represents Thermo King’s commitment to offer electric solutions in every cold chain segment in EMEA by 2023.
At Solutrans, Thermo King will show for the first time the new axle-powered technology. Designed to drastically reduce the environmental impact of refrigerated trailers, it incorporates the competences of Thermo King and BPW, two technology leaders for freight transport solutions. This fully integrated system combines Thermo King hybrid or fully electric trailer refrigeration units, BPW’s ePower, an axle-powered energy recovery system, and battery storage technologies developed to create an efficient, autonomously powered trailer refrigeration solution.
Other innovation-driven solutions Thermo King will premiere at Solutrans include:
· Advancer A-Series trailer systems together with the new Whisper Pro and Hybrid units.
The A-Series is up to 30% more fuel-efficient and offers are up to 40 % quicker pull down than the market average. The ultra-quiet A-500 Whisper Pro complies with the most stringent noise-regulations and allows for quiet night deliveries with no compromise on capacity.
· Single and multi-temperature V-1000 vehicle-powered units designed for larger rigid trucks between 3.5 to 25 tonnes. The new V-1000 is equally or more powerful as its nearest equivalent diesel units and offers large truck operators the benefit of advanced vehicle drive technology – low cost operation, fuel savings, low weight and compact size.
· Fully-electric E-200 refrigeration units with new Thermo King Li-ion battery, which together create a zero-emissions transport refrigeration solution that ensures an unbroken cold chain even while the driver stops for delivery, break or needs to turn off the vehicle for longer.
· New electric refrigeration units from Frigoblock for medium to heavy-class rigid trucks featuring fresh design, integrated telematics and extended ambient capabilities for wider operating maps.
· New additions to the Thermo King Connected Solutions and Services portfolio. This includes ThermoKare 24/7 Fleet Monitoring offering, which combines Thermo King expertise with TracKing Connected Solutions two-way communication capabilities and enables continuous, proactive 24/7 monitoring of the customers’ refrigerated fleet. Thermo King experts respond to every issue, arrange support for resolution and provide detailed reporting. to meet the most stringent regulatory requirements.
On the outside exhibition ground, Thermo King will also showcase: Zero-emission, electric-powered truck fitted with Frigoblock’s electric refrigeration unit Trailer featuring the autonomous axle-powered refrigeration system from Thermo King and BPW Cold Storage Solutions unit designed for storage and protection of temperature sensitive perishables and pharmaceuticals, equipped with Thermo King SuperFreezer that can maintain temperature of -70 degrees Celsius.
Providing electric solutions for refrigerated transportation is part of Thermo King’s and Trane Technologies’ overall approach to reducing carbon emissions in the industries it serves. It helps advance the 2030 Sustainability Commitments, including the Gigaton Challenge to reduce customer greenhouse gas emissions by 1 billion metric tons.